Hi I just wanted to start off by saying that Turkish tea is my favorite tea! So if you want to have one I found a recipe you can use
- 7 cups water
- 5 tbsp black tea leaves
How to make good Turkish tea
- Tea must be stored in closed packages in such a way that it is not affected by humidity and external odors.
- For best results, lime-free water, a tea-kettle and a porcelain teapot are recommended.
- After rinsing the clean teapot with lukewarm water, put in one teaspoon of tea per person, whilst the water is boiled in the tea-kettle.
- Boiling water from the tea-kettle is poured into the teapot.
- The flame under the tea-kettle is turned down and the teapot is placed onto the tea-kettle so that it boils with the steam underneath.
- The tea must brew for 10-15 minutes.
- The tea is then ready for pouring into the small tea glasses, usually 1/3 or 1/4 full depending on how dark or how light you prefer your tea. The tea glass is then topped-up with hot water from the tea-kettle. The pot of tea should then be drunk within 30 minutes.